Come along to FREE South West London Borough Surgery with WRC, Imkaan and Rights of Women
Date: Thursday 5th December 2013
Time: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Venue: CVA Resource Centre, 82 London Road, Croydon, CR0 2TB
The Women’s Resource Centre, in partnership with Rights of Women and IMKAAN (Part of the ASCENT project and the London VAWG consortium), will be holding a Borough Surgery (related to sustainable funding and Policy) for VAWG organisations and general women’s projects.
This event is open for people working in the women’s sector and in the violence against women and girls with a focus on Croydon, Kingston, Lambeth, Merton, Sutton, Richmond and Wandsworth.
Please join us in this event tailored to organisations and projects working in the women’s sector and in the area of violence against women and girls in Croydon, Kingston, Lambeth, Merton, Sutton and Wandsworth.
This exciting event will equip your organisation with knowledge on commissioning and other tools to make your organisation more sustainable. You will meet commissioners from the local authority as well as other organisations.
The morning session funded by London Councils as part of the ASCENT project will consist of:
- A networking session for BME women and their organisations
- Presentations by experts: Rights of Women and IMKAAN will be talking about the Equality Act 2010, the ASCENT Project and how to make the case for why women only services
- Presentations from local commissioners: Learn how the commissioning process works in your borough and how you can get involved
- Speed networking session: Meet local organisations and council representatives in an exciting ‘speed dating’ style activity
The afternoon session funded by BASIS will consist of:
- Presentations by experts: the Women’s Resource Centre will provide ideas and information about how to make your organisation more financially sustainable
- Working in Partnership: Learn how to work in partnership and how you can engage with the organisations you will meet on the day
Spaces are limited. A light lunch will be offered to those staying for the morning and afternoon session.
Book your place online at: http://thewomensresourcecentre.org.uk/events/south-london-borough-surgery/
Sector bodies form working group to support VAWG and IPV services
Imkaan is pleased to be working together with other second-tier organisations that we hope will strengthen the voice of the Violence against Women and Girls sector. The group’s members are Co-ordinated Action Against Domestic Abuse (CAADA), Imkaan, Rape Crisis England & Wales, Respect and Women’s Aid England.
Please see this statement written by the group for further information about the its purpose.